GHD Repair Guides
We have various repair guides which is where we would recommend you start if you are trying to repair a broken pair of GHDs. You need to make sure you use the correct one based on the model of the irons you are trying to fix:
- Mk3 (3.1B, GHD3, SS, SS2, MS etc) - Mk3 Repair Guide
- Mk4 (4.0B, 4.2B, SS4.0, MS4.0 etc) - Mk4 Repair Guide
- Mk5 Gold Series (MS5, SS5, Mk5, SC5 Contour) - Mk5 Repair Guide
- Mk6 Eclipse - Sadly this model is not repairable. We have a guide to taking them apart so you can replace the cable, but that is about it. However the mains cable is available as a spare part from our shop here.
- Mk7 S8T261 & S8T262 Platinum - This model can not be repaired. However the mains cable is available as a spare part from our shop HERE
- S7N261 GHD Gold - Repair Guide. We would recommend using our GHD Gold & Max Repair Service
- GHD Max S7N421 The newest model. Repair Guide. We would recommend using our GHD Gold & Max Repair Service.
- Replace a cable on a pair of GHD 3.1B irons
- Replace a cable on a pair of Mk4 (4.0B, 4.1B, 4.2B etc) irons
- Replace a cable on a pair of Mk5 irons
- Replace an arm
- Dismantle the Mk6 Eclipse Model
- Replace an R8 or R11 resistor
- Replace a heater element or backing plate
- Thermal fuse replacement on a pair of 3.1B irons
- Spot the difference between a type 1 and a type 2 pair of GHD 4.2B / SS4.0 / MS4.0 irons
- Correctly remove and refit a hinge spring.
- Replace a mains cable on the GHD Glide Hair Brush
How to help the environment. See our Recycling page for further information.
We are now able to repair any ceramic element that has suffered a broken wire or even two broken wires. GHD Element Repair Service
If you have just fitted a new element from our shop please consider posting the old one to us for recycling. You will receive a discount voucher for £5 off any future purchase from our shop.
It can still have years of life left with a little specialist attention.
Address at the end of the video below.
Short URL for this page: