GHD Repair Guides
If you are trying to repair a broken pair of GHDs, then you are best starting with our repair guides. You need to make sure you use the correct one based on the model of the irons you are trying to fix:
- Mk3 (3.1B, GHD3, SS, SS2, MS etc) - Mk3 Repair Guide
- Mk4 (4.0B, 4.2B, SS4.0, MS4.0 etc) - Mk4 Repair Guide
- Mk5 Gold Series (MS5, SS5, Mk5, SC5 Contour) - Mk5 Repair Guide
- Mk6 Eclipse - Sadly this model is not repairable. We have some information about them on the Eclipse page. You can replace the cable, but that is about it.
- Mk7 S8T261 Platinum - Sadly this model is not repairable either.
If you want more detailed information on the things that go wrong with GHD irons, then here are the most common things that go wrong with them. Some faults are only relevant to certain models!
- Type 2 Cable Socket
- Thermal Fuse
- Heater Elements
- R8 or R11 Resistors
- Broken Arm
- PCB Failures
- Plates Hanging Loose
Short URL for this page: