Help! My GHDs are broken! What shall I do?
Assuming they are genuine GHDs, then you've got three options. You want to make sure they are genuine however, as if they are fake, then your options are very limited! To find out about fake GHDs and how to spot them, see the fake GHD web page.
1) Warranty Claim
Please note that for older models of GHD (presumably ones they no longer sell, such as the GHD3 and 3.1B) that are out of warranty GHD will not fix them and will charge you if you want them back. Whatever they say about your irons, we can still repair all electrical problems with these models.
- Mk3 GHDs (GHD3, 3.1B, SS2 etc) are covered by a 1 year warranty.
- Mk4 GHDs (4.0B, 4.1B, 4.2B, SS4.0 etc) are covered by a 2 year warranty.
- Mk5 GHDs are covered by a 2 year warranty.
- Mk6 Eclipse and Mk7 Platinum S8T261 GHDs are covered by a 2 year warranty. We will never be able to repair the Eclipse or Platinum irons as they have been designed as disposable items.
- Platinum+ irons are covered by a 3 year warranty.
- GHD Gold S7N261 and GHD Max S7N421 are covered by a 2 year warranty.
If you want an iron that can be repaired for many years to come, we'd recommend sticking to the GHD Gold S7N261, GHD MK5 or GHD Mk4. These will always be repairable.
2) Fix them yourself
All the common GHD faults are covered in detail on this website and we can supply the spare parts, so if you feel confident enough, have the correct tools and understand the safety issues, you should be able to fix them yourself.
Start on our guides page and have a look at the guide relevant to the generation of GHDs you have.
3) Send them off for repair
Short URL for this page: