4.1b Fakes.. Weird noises

Rmachines

4.1b Fakes.. Weird noises

Postby Rmachines » 18 May 2009, 19:15

I have some 4.1b fakes in pink im taking a look at for some one, the weird thing is they make a crackly poping noise when switched on, it doesnt sound like sparking, it does it every time i switch them on, about 2/3 secconds after, then it makes a quiet ticking noise all the way through the operation untill switched off. It sounds rarther like the ticking noise switch mode phone chargers sometimes make, but the popping noise sounds as if something is soon to go pop.

I know fakes are tricky to work with but ignoring that, is there a component within that could cause this? There is only one PCB, there is a transistor on the back, it sounds like its coming from that area. :shock:

gary
Site Admin

Re: 4.1b Fakes.. Weird noises

Postby gary » 19 May 2009, 00:11

Hi,

That a bit weird. Normally noises like that are a sign that the cable is about to break, however then the noises should be coming from the cable, not the PCB!

I can't really think of anything else that might make strange noises. Traditionally the inductors in switch mode power supplies make a buzzing noise, however that shouldn't be relevant in a pair of GHDs (fake or not!).

Sorry I can't be of more help :(

Gary

Rmachines

Re: 4.1b Fakes.. Weird noises

Postby Rmachines » 19 May 2009, 10:53

Hi, thanks for the reply, the cable did come to mind, but these are only 3/4 weeks old! The best way to describe it is an electrical popping noise. There is no signs of anything failing inside yet but its hard to tell really. If it does blow i will keep you updated :)

Return to “Fake GHDs”