MS4.0 Having Trouble Removing Plates.

LiamBard

MS4.0 Having Trouble Removing Plates.

Postby LiamBard » 27 Sep 2010, 20:48

Been following the guides and done fine and have got to the stage where the plate is removed from the GHD's i'm struggling to part the plastic from the ceramic plates.

From looking at a previous post you have suggested pulling on the wires, this has only removed the heater element from inside the plates (which is what i'm wanting to change anyway) but i'm now struggling to get the new element in. which is the correct way of parting the two pieces as sliding doesnt seem to be working?

There seems to be 2 metal clips either end and the thermal fuse in the middle with 2 more clips holding that in place which looks proud of the plastic maybe thats stopping it from sliding out? Hope you can help thanks.

Liam.

gary
Site Admin

Re: MS4.0 Having Trouble Removing Plates.

Postby gary » 27 Sep 2010, 21:09

Hi Liam,

I know we just answered this question on the phone but I've had a thought. What were the original symptoms with your GHDs? You seem to have a MS4.0 model and these don't often have heater element problems so I'm wondering if there is another problem with your pair?

Gary

flynbike

Postby flynbike » 22 Oct 2010, 18:13

Hi,

I have a similar problem with a set of MS4.0, the Heater element wire has broken and the thermal fuse tripped.

How do I detach the Ceramic Plate from the backing plate?

Do I need to remove the metal clips?

All tips much appreciated :)

gary
Site Admin

Postby gary » 25 Oct 2010, 16:29

Hi,

Yes - you need to remove the clips like on the Type 2 4.2B model. See the type2 section of:
http://www.ghd-repair.co.uk/4.2.html

for some photos.

Gary

Return to “GHD MS”