GHD Mini Styler not working

ADS

GHD Mini Styler not working

Postby ADS » 10 Oct 2008, 18:21

Hi

I have a GHD mini styler and it has recently stopped working i.e. the LED does not light up and the plates don't get hot. I initially replaced the fuse in the plug which did get the GHD to temporarily work but shortly after it ceased.

I then came across your website and decided it must be a problem with the internal (thermal) fuse. I took this out thinking I would be able to get a replacement from an electronics supply shop but have had no luck.

I have tried Maplins, Machine Mart and a couple of electrical suppliers but no one sells the kind of fuse required.

Do you have any ideas, its a 102 degrees fuse?

Many Thanks

Ads

gary
Site Admin

Re: GHD Mini Styler not working

Postby gary » 11 Oct 2008, 12:01

Hi Ads,

I'm not familier with the exact thermal fuse used in MS's, however are you sure it's only 102 degrees? Sounds a bit low, although if it's mounted underneath the PCB like older model Mk3s, then you could well be right.

Have you tested the thermal fuse with a multimeter? It should have less than 1 ohm resistance.

You may not find an exact replacement fuse, so you might have to make something that will do the job using a slightly different thermal fuse and some kapton tape or something. Basically you might need to be creative! (but make it safe!!)

Gary

ADS

Postby ADS » 15 Oct 2008, 19:35

Thanks Gary

It is definitely 102 degrees and yes it is situated under the pcb. I think the repair sounds out of my league might need to send it off to GHD.

Thanks

gary
Site Admin

Postby gary » 17 Nov 2008, 15:41

Hi,

If it's still under warranty then definitely send it to GHD. If not, then you might want to consider other companies who do repairs such as http://www.morganthomas.net/ghdrepair. They might work out cheaper, so it's worth checking out.

Gary

Last bumped by Anonymous on 17 Nov 2008, 15:41.

Return to “GHD MS”